The Evonik Group in Japan is primarily focused on ensuring the safety of its employees and their families, as well as its customers and other stakeholders, in addition to preventing the further spread of the virus. Evonik Group in Japan is also striving to answer the needs of society and its customers to the best of its ability, and to minimize the impact of the virus on its business. To accomplish these objectives, we are working to gather information and swiftly carry out the necessary actions.
Our countermeasures are as follow:
- Teleworking (where applicable)
- Super-flex time and Staggered commuting hours
- Online / telephone conference replacing the face to face meeting
- Limit the international/domestic business trip
- Enforcement of wearing mask, washing hands, sanitizing, social distancing
- Monitoring daily body temperature
- Those who appear to have symptoms such as fever, cough, cold are requested to stay at home in self quarantine.
As of today, to the best of our knowledge there is no infected employee at Evonik Group in Japan, and our manufacturing facilities in Japan continue to operate in a manner that respond to customers’ demands, while complying with requests from local authorities. We have also confirmed that there are no delays in logistics or deliveries. However, responding to the Declaration of State of Emergency by the Japanese government and requests from Tokyo Metropolitan Governor, we are afraid that our supports and responses to customers might be limited or delayed for the time being. Thank you very much for your understanding in advance.
Going forward, we will continue our business while taking necessary measures, giving top priority to the control of infection damage both internal and external of the company and to the health and safety of employees. Our latest information will be updated on this web page. We would cordially ask you all, our valued customers and business partners, your kind understanding and cooperation.
Please take care and stay healthy.